May 09, 2010

A Very Long V-Stitch Scarf

I love v-stitch. It's very easy and you can make a lot of beautiful stuffs with it: scarves, hats, even a dress. it's my number one favorite stitch before shell-stitch. One day, three years ago, I bought these pretty suede yarns in two colors: khaki and terracota from my favorite on-line store Tobucil. I browsed a lot of free patterns available on the websites, but i haven't found the right pattern to make due to the yarn textures. So, 6 months ago, I decided to make a v-stitch scarf. I had 2 balls of terracota yarns and 2 balls of khaki yarns. So, what should i do? Usually I can make a scarf out of 2 balls of yarns. But I didn't feel to make two scarves at that time. So I kept crocheting, those yarns and.... tada! This is the longest v-stitch scarf i ever made and I love it!



 

Look how long this scarf is! These colors make this scarf looks like caramel waffel. Yum! And actually I can use it for so many things. Here are some examples.

I love "Penelope" movie. The scarf used by Penelope (starring Christina Ricci) did take my breath away. It is surely a beautiful scarf to hide the piggy nose. I can use this scarf to hide my small nose too! He he! Kidding. I often go to the deep forest for my daily job. This scarf can warm my nose from freezing air at night in the forest. Besides, the v-stitch makes it very breezy and i can breath in it.


 


 


 


OR... you can play Coco Chanel with it! Driving convertible cars with your sunglasses on... You can't drive a convertible car in Jakarta, by the way. Or you'll get all burned! :D


 


 


Classy, huh? OR... you can go all 'Yo Mama' with this scarf! Zap! Zap! V-stitch scarf becomes a TURBAN! Ohh yea... you Bag Lady! *singing Erykah Badu's song*


 

Well... you don't need any pattern to do it. Just do the v-stitch forever until you reach desired length. :) Enjoy!






*many thanks to Dita, my lovely friend, who volunteered and sacrificed herself to be photographed in the extreme heat of Jakarta... BIG HUGS for you, girl*


No comments: